The Senior Accountant will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department. Follows up on any dispute pertaining AP and AR. Monitors accounting systems controls to ensure accurate financial reporting, preventing fraud. The Senior Accountant reports to the CEO.
• Manages A/P and A/R staff.
• Work with AP/AR to resolve vendors and customers issues.
• Ensure collections and payments are on time.
• Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
• Preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
• Responsible for financial reporting, commission calculations, payroll, and budget preparation.
• Production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
• Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; work with CPA for filing annual corporate tax return.
• Plans and executes workflow for monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting closes.
• Manages and reviews reconciliations of all entries and postings to balance sheet and income statements, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Prepares and post journal and month end closing entries.
• Prepares the month-end calendar, including dates of final close of books.
• Full-cycle accounting including preparation and analysis of the financial statements, general ledgers, budgets, and cash-flow projections.
• Coordinates training for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff and conducts performance evaluations.
• Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
• Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
• Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
• Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
• Provide accurate and timely financial information to the CEO, Board of Directors, and owner of the company.
• Prepares and reviews monthly financial results (including budget and cost reports).
• Prepare and review of interim and annual financial reporting, including financial reporting as required under GAAP.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
• Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP, ERP and IFRS
• Proficient with Quick books and OMS or comparable software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required with an Accounting focus.
• Five years or more of related experience with General Ledger (G/L) accounting in a corporate environment required.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
If you meet what we are looking for, we will be calling for a short phone interview, and then we will schedule an in-person interview with management. Thank you!